The package includes
- Spend the night in a Deluxe Room
- Two first-class tickets for Soldaat van Oranje – The Musical
- Drinks and canapés in one of the bars in Hotel van Oranje after the show
- Free access to Aqua & Sauna Oranje
- Free high-speed Wi-Fi
- When making your reservation, we assume an evening performance on the day of arrival. The evening performances start at 20:00
- There is no evening performance on Sunday, only a matinee performance
- An afternoon performance is also possible; This allows you to specify when booking. The afternoon performances start at 14:00
- Transportation can be arranged by telephone or on the day of arrival at the front desk
- This all starting at € 369, - per two persons!
Visit Soldaat van Oranje - The Musical and make the experience complete with an overnight stay at Hotel van Oranje. The hotel is located less than 10 minutes away from the Hangar Theater, on the former airbase Valkenburg in Katwijk, on Queen Wilhelmina Boulevard. This was the place where Queen Wilhelmina inspected the troops stationed and where Soldaat van Oranje Erik Hazelhoff Roelfzema sailed to England several times.
Soldaat van Oranje - The Musical is based on the true story of one of the greatest resistance fighters in our national history: Erik Hazelhoff Roelfzema. At the beginning of the war, Erik escapes to England from where he smuggles transmitting equipment to the Netherlands as a pilot involved in the bombing of Germany. He becomes adjutant to Queen Wilhelmina and receives for his resistance work during the war, the Military Order of William, the highest royal honor.
Erik Hazelhoff Roelfzema (April 3, 1917 - September 26, 2007) – Soldaat van Oranje - is one of the most famous resistance heroes of our country. He became famous when he wrote about his war experiences in the book Soldaat van Oranje in 1971. This story was filmed successfully in 1977 with Rutger Hauer as the lead actor.
The Hangar Theater was originally an aircraft hangar at the former military airfield Valkenburg between Wassenaar, Katwijk and Leiden. A unique concept was created on this historical place. The stand on which the public is in 1100 comfortable theater seats, turning from setting to setting is accompanied by massive projections. All scenes have their own set: the student society Minerva, the Kurhaus, Noordeinde Palace and even a lifelike sea, where Engelandvaarders escape through the beach where they make their famous landings. Even the runway of the airport is part of the decor.
Combine this wonderful musical evening with a lovely overnight stay at the Hotel van Oranje and experience Soldaat van Oranje - The Musical even more! Book this unforgettable musical Soldaat van Oranje - The Musical package now!